Pages

March 5, 2012

Hacker School: Why I'm learning to code

Hacker School: Why I'm learning to code - Mar. 5, 2012:


Tech companies say they can't find enough skilled programmers to hire, a gap that training programs like San Francisco's Dev Bootcamp and Codecademy's "Code Year" aim to help fill. What's the immersive experience like -- and can a newbie come out a coder? Programming novice Danielle Sucher is keeping a running diary for CNNMoney of her experience at New York's Hacker School.

I left my law practice to do a three-month, full-time coding retreat called Hacker School this winter. Not entirely, I suppose -- I'm still in the middle of motion practice representing a few of the Occupy Wall Street arrestees -- but other than that, my career is on hiatus for the moment.

Why? I caught the bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment